The Pistoia Alliance has announced that the President’s Challenge 2016 is now open for entries. The deadline for entries is Friday 2 September.
Entries are invited in the field of life science R&D informatics, but those in the following categories would be particularly welcome and in case of a draw would be prioritised over others:
Bringing benefit through data to R&D for the scientist:
- Managing and handling the Data through networks, infrastructure, and the cloud;
- Using the Data - unravelling the complexity (e.g. aetiologies, real world data); and
- Securing the Data
Enabling the Internet of Things for life science research:
- Innovative devices and/or mobile technologies;
- Enabling or transforming R&D laboratories and processes; and
- Advancing clinical investigation.
Delivering low cost R&D for the developing world
- Innovative technologies and solutions where a smartphone is not necessarily required to spread R&D beyond the traditional life science locations
Up to five finalists will each receive $5,000 and an invitation to attend the live judging at the Pistoia Alliance conference in Boston, MA, USA on 18 October.
At the live judging event, two prizes of $15,000 will be awarded: the Grand Prize, decided by a panel of judges; and the Audience Vote, voted for by the conference delegates.