Hot Interconnects 2023 Call for Papers
Paper abstract deadline: Extended - May 19th, 2023
Submission deadline: Extended - May 19th, 2023
Hot Interconnects is the international forum for researchers and developers of state-of-the-art hardware and software architectures and implementations for interconnection networks of all scales, ranging from multi-core on-chip interconnects to those within systems, clusters, data centers, and clouds. This yearly conference is attended by leaders in industry and academia.
The atmosphere provides for a wealth of opportunities to interact with individuals at the forefront of this field. Themes include cross-cutting issues spanning computer systems, networking technologies, and communication protocols for high-performance interconnection networks. This conference is directed particularly at new and exciting technology and product innovations in these areas. Contributions should focus on real experimental systems, prototypes, or leading-edge products and their performance evaluation. We invite paper submissions across a wide range of topics and levels, ranging from fundamentals to the latest advances in hot topic areas such as:
- Novel and innovative interconnect architectures
- Multi-core processor interconnects
- System-on-Chip Interconnects
- Advanced chip-to-chip communication technologies
- Optical interconnects Protocol and interfaces for inter-processor communication
- Survivability and fault-tolerance of inter-connects
- High-speed packet processing engines and network processors
- Systems software for communication
- System and storage area network architectures and protocols
- High-performance host-network interface architectures
- High-bandwidth and low-latency I/O
- Pb/s switching and routing technologies
- Innovative architectures for supporting collective communication
- Novel communication architectures to support cloud & grid computing
- Centralized and distributed cloud interconnects
- Requirements driving high-performance interconnects
- Traffic characterization for HPC systems and commercial data centers
- Software-defined networking and software overlay networks
- Software for network bring-up, configuration and performance management (OpenFlow, OpenSM)
- Data Center Networking
This year we invite papers to be submitted either as regular, long papers (6-8 pages) or as hot topic papers (3-4 pages). Hot topic papers could be positional papers, industry papers, or papers describing hot-off-the-press breaking research results, and will be judged accordingly and independently from the regular long papers.
- Papers need sufficient technical detail to judge quality and suitability for presentation.
- Submissions should include title, author, abstract, and paper in double-column, IEEE format.
- Long paper limit: 8 pages, single-spaced, 2 columns.
- Hot topic paper limit: 4 pages, single-spaced, 2 columns.
- Accepted papers (both long and hot topic papers) will be published in proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society.
- Papers should be submitted electronically through EasyChair
Safety and Well-being: Given the success of previous year’s online format, Hot Interconnects 2023 will continue to be an online conference irrespective of COVID.