Bio-Rad CFX96 system
20 May 2008
Bio-Rad Laboratories has released Bio-Rad CFX96, which is a real-time PCR detection system.
The CFX96 optical reaction module builds on the power and flexibility of the C1000 thermal cycler, creating an easy-to-install real-time PCR system that delivers sensitive, reliable detection for real-time PCR applications, including absolute quantification, genetic variation analysis, and gene expression. The flexible, easy-to-use CFX Manager software accommodates the needs of all users, whether performing a real-time PCR experiment or analysing a comprehensive gene expression study.
Key benefits of the CFX96 system include:
- Long lasting solid-state components with LEDs and photodiodes for reliable results
- Quick installation and factory-calibrated optics, which enable system set-up in a matter of seconds
- Fast thermal cycling, which produces results in fewer than 30 minutes
- A thermal cycler gradient feature, which optimises reactions in a single experiment
- Minimal sample and reagent usage that offer reliable results obtained with low reaction volumes
- Experiments that can be tailored to need by use one of several data acquisition modes, including a single channel fast scan option for SYBR Green
- Software that can send email notification with an attached data file upon run completion and up to four instruments that may be controlled by a single computer
The CFX96 system offers users a way to achieve sensitive target detection in single (or multiplex assays) for a variety of real-time PCR applications in addition to reliable performance and higher throughput options. The CFX Manager software enables rapid quantitative and built-in gene expression analysis and also has powerful data analysis tools.