ISC Cloud’12 announces panel topics
14 September 2012Tweet
A panel of experts speaking at ISC Cloud’12 conference in Mannheim will examine the potential obstacles to cloud adoption, such as security and trust, compliance, outsourcing, performance, virtualisation, pricing, payment model, software licenses, choice of service provider or private cloud builder, network bandwidth, and integration of all of these into existing business or research processes.
Paolo Balboni, founding partner at ICT Legal Consulting, and director of the European Privacy Association, Cloud Computing sector director and responsible for Foreign Affairs of Italian Institute for Privacy, will talk about the legal aspects of cloud computing in the panel on HPC cloud challenges. According to Balboni, prior to migrating to the cloud, companies should carefully verify the data privacy and data security policy of cloud service providers and choose the one that offers a high level of data protection. Moreover, they should also regularly monitor the data protection compliance of the selected cloud service provider and look into limitations and exclusions of liability clauses.
The panel will include:
• Max Lemke, EU: Cloud Challenges for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
• Franz-Josef Pfreundt, Fraunhofer ITWM: Big Data and Cloud File Systems
• Wolfgang Ziegler, Fraunhofer SCAI: License Management
• Giles Hogben, CSA: The Cloud Security Alliance
• Paolo Balboni, European Privacy Association/ICT Legal Consulting: Legal Aspects in Cloud Computing
Online registration is now open for ISC Cloud’12.