Company: University of Antwerp
Overview: The HPC core facility of the University of Antwerp (calcua.ua.ac.be) is looking for a HPC analyst within the framework of the VSC (Flemish Supercomputer Center) (vscentrum.be).
Salary: € depends on diploma and experience
. You take part in the first-line support, you advise and assist researchers in using specialized software, modifying existing code and writing new code (using MPI, OpenMP etc. and optimizing for specific hardware);
· You inform potential users within the university associations, research centers and industry, make them aware of the infrastructure and motivate them;
· You develop courses, together with your VSC colleagues and other specialists, such that researchers use the infrastructure in an optimal way. You also teach some of the courses;
· You identify the needs and you advise on software installation and upgrades.
· You obtained a PhD or master degree in sciences or applied sciences with an extensive ICT program;
· You are familiar with scientific computing;
· You are an experienced user of scientific software, both as an end-user as well as a developer;
· You have a strong interest in computational problems, also outside the (applied) sciences (e.g., economics, medicine, sociology, linguistics) and you have extensive programming experience;
· Since you will be working in an academic environment, we assume some affinity for scientific research;
· You are interested in a customer-related service, you have excellent communication skills in English, working knowledge of Dutch is an asset
· You are flexible, responsible and a team player.
A full-time employment starting at July 1, 2013 or at a later date as agreed for a period of 1 year, which can be extended.
A preselection is based on your letter of application, your letters of recommendation and CV. Selected candidates are invited for tests and/or an interview.
Your application letter, 2 letters of recommendation and CV should arrive not later than April 30, 2013 at the Universiteit Antwerpen, attn. Prof. Annie Cuyt, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Middelheimlaan 1, 2020 Antwerpen, Belgium. More information: Prof. Annie Cuyt, tel. +32 3 265 3898 / +32 3 265 3860 or Annie.Cuyt@ua.ac.be.
Antwerp is a cosmopolitan, busy and friendly city awash with culture both modern and historical. http://www.visitantwerpen.be/