Company: The Hercules Foundation
Overview: We challenge you to use your extended relevant experience to put Flanders on the global HPC-map. This is your chance! Over the last five years, the Flemish Government and the Hercules Foundation invested over 20 million euro in the realization of HPC facilities (so called TIER1 and TIER2 infrastructure). The first Flemish supercomputer became operational at the end of 2012. Recently the Flemish Government entrusted the Hercules Foundation with the management of the TIER1 supercomputer and the funding of the TIER2 clusters at the universities. A Flemish University is responsible for the technical exploitation of the TIER1 machine. To manage these activities within the Hercules Foundation,
Location: Brussels, Belguim
Salary: competitive salary package and benefits Ref BE679220.
As a structural funding instrument for investments in research infrastructure, the Hercules mechanism has filled a gap in the support of fundamental and basic strategic research in Flanders. The Hercules Foundation (www.herculesstichting.be) was set up at the end of 2007 by the Flemish Government to manage this funding mechanism. All scientific disciplines can call on Hercules funding (including the humanities and the social sciences). The Hercules Foundations also has the task to foster cooperation in-between public knowledge institutions and between the former institutions and third parties.
· You will develop a strategic vision for HPC within Flanders, taking into account international trends and evolutions. You will do this in close collaboration with all Flemish stakeholders.
· You will be the driving force behind the implementation of this strategy.
· You guarantee the correct execution of the capacity distribution agreement (computing time) and you reassure an optimal use of the computing capacity on the TIER1. You resolve potential issues and you help finding solutions that suite all stakeholders.
· You develop and implement the accessibility policies towards the TIER1 and you organize the funding of TIER2 clusters.
· You represent the Hercules Foundation in Belgian and international level.
· You coordinate the tendering process for the second (and following) TIER1 clusters.
· You advice and you support the Industrial Board and the International Scientific Advisory Committee.
· You stimulate the interest of companies and non-profit organizations located in Flanders in the TIER1 possibilities.
· You have a master or Ph.D. degree and you understand how universities and other knowledge centers function.
· You have an extensive experience within a TIER1 or a TIER2 environment.
· You are capable of working in a complex environment with multiple partners and stakeholders, from the public as well as the private sector and both on a national and an international level.
· You have the required leadership competencies to manage the TIER1 infrastructure and to collaborate with the different Flemish institutions that exploit TIER2 infrastructure.
. You are interested in a customer-related service, you have excellent communication skills in English, working knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
· We offer a challenging work environment and the opportunity to enlarge your network with knowledge centres and companies in Flanders and abroad. You will be part of a small but dynamic organisation that is internationally oriented.
We offer you a competitive salary package and benefits, aligned with academic standards. A combination of this full time position with a potential part time academic assignment you might already have can be discussed.INTERESTED ?
Please send your application to Hudson, attn. Karel Lazou, Avenue Marcel Thiry 75 | 1200 Brussel | Belgium, tel. 02 610 27 00, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to mention reference BE679220.Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.